Happy Mother’s Day!!!
Mother’s Day is this weekend and my mom is simply the best. I love my mom to the moon and back, to the stars and back, to infinity and back actually. There are just not enough words to express the amount of love and thankfulness I have for her. She’s the most important woman in my life and my best friend. She continues to be a powerful influence in my life every single day, and she’s the person I strive to be one day. She taught me to be kind and always put my family first while instilling in me morals and values that will last a life time. Every single step of my life she was there to encourage me and was always guiding me ever so gently.
Mother’s Day is important to me. It always has been. I know people say you should celebrate her everyday, and I definitely do, but this is a day set aside just for that reason. Pure celebration…and knowing me, I’m sure a cake will be involved!
I know we shouldn’t save anything for a special occasion, but since there is a single dedicated day, we might as well go all out!
I’m now a mommy to a little one and a half year old boy, and while I’m still trying to figure things out, my mom is right beside me being the best Grandmother. My husband was away on deployment while my little guy was born and she was there every single moment. From birth to the little naughty self he is today! I don’t know how on earth I would have been Momming on my own!
Being a mom is so wonderful. It’s unexplainable how much love I have for my little guy. I could just squeeze him all up while my heart explodes with overflowing love.
Here are 12 quotes about Mom life I absolutely love. They sum up some of the deepest feelings and most important thoughts.
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are THE MOST important work.”
They are to be shaped and molded and cannot be cast to the side. My guy needs me as his mother first and foremost to teach and guide him in this crazy world.
- “To the world you are just a mother, but to your family you are the world.”
I need to remember this sometimes because I think…I’m just a mom. There are a million moms, but I think about Orson…I’m his protector, his go to through the good and bad times. It’s my highest calling, and he’s my number one priority.
- “There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother.”
Boyd K. Packer
I will always be down on my knees praying for my little guy. I want to bring him up right and righteous.
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one.”
I know I’m far from perfect, but I will always strive to be the best. I want my children to grow up to be good humans.
- “I am proud of many things in my life, but nothing beats being a mother.”
The love is undeniable, indescribable. The mundane ups and downs that fill our days culminate into motherhood and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- “As a mother my job is to take care of the possible and trust God with the impossible.”
Ruth Bell Graham
I will always be there to hold Orson’s hand, but when uncertainly strikes, I know God will be there to catch him when my hand can’t reach.
- “Tell me why it is that a toddler will gag over a perfectly wonderful breakfast of ham, eggs, biscuits, juice and jelly. But then he will enthusiastically drink the dog’s water and play in the toilet. Truly he is the mother’s greatest challenge…; and her most inexpressible joy.”
With all the trying moments, I have to remember they won’t last forever. That tantrum in the mall won’t ruin me. Or the melt down in the grocery store that lasted 5 minutes…seemingly forever! The good always outweighs the bad. You have to keep the joyous moments reigning in your heart.
- “We are so busy giving our children what we never had that we forget to give them what we did have.”
Material items are no doubt fun, but the love and discipline lasts a lifetime.
- “You are chosen by God to be your child’s mother. He doesn’t make mistakes.”
He gave me Orson and I’m going to give him everything I have to make sure he grows up to be faithful, kind, caring, with strong morals and values. I want him to be wise, full of wisdom, knowledge and understanding. And I want him to know I was meant to be him mom.
- “I will protect you until you’re grown and then I will let you fly free. But loving you is for always.”
I will be there no matter what. Though the thick and thin.
- Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It’s to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.”
It truly is momentous. It’s completely life changing. It’s stressing and worrying. It’s emotional and trying. It tugs at every string in your heart.
- “Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you the time for. Neil L. Anderson
God gave me this time and I want to spend every minute He gives me to nurture, discipline, guide and be Orson’s best Mother.
I love being Orson’s mother and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Happy Mother’s Day!!!
1,939 total views, 1 views today