Sweet, buttery, and extra marshmallowy, these rice crispy treats aren’t your ordinary back of the box recipe. These are 5 star! They’re the extra tasty, elevated version that will keep you coming back for more.
Dry, crunchy, lacking marshmallows rice crispy treats are never fun to eat. They’re just kind of blah…nothing extraordinary or great about them. If or when I eat one, I just wish they had more oomph to them. They don’t have a lot to them in the first place, but I know they could be a lot better. Something had to be done, so I got to work and made a recipe that’s palate pleasing, and simply a recipe you need in your life! One you’ll come back to over and over again! A rice crispy worthy of its 5 stars! To achieve this I made a recipe with maximum ooey gooey-ness that’s extra marshmallowy and buttery with a hint of vanilla and salt to give it a depth of flavor. They’re perfect!
More Butter is Better!
I simply added to the traditional recipe and decided more butter is better! (Isn’t that always the case)? It is needed for more flavor and a velvety texture. Next, a whole lot more (like a whole bag more) marshmallows, not just melted, but whole ones added at the end to give little pockets of yum. To top it off, a splash of vanilla and a bit of salt which bring it to the next level of deliciousness.
Amazing is an understatement. Incredible is more like it, although, you have to try these for your self. They’re super quick to make and require a few simple ingredients.
And, if you want to kick the flavor up a notch, there are endless possibilities. Customize with sprinkles, peanut butter, chocolate chips, caramel bits, cookies, food coloring, or even add icing for an extra bit of sweetness and fun. Tailor to your likes, however, plain Jane is what I love most. Just the sweet buttery flavor shining through.
Let’s Make Rice Crispy Treats!
To make, it’s mostly just like the traditional way of preparation. In a large sauce pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
Then add the marshmallows. Leave about 2 cups out and place to the side. These will be added later. Melt and incorporate into the butter.
Turn the heat off and pour in the vanilla, salt and cereal. Stir until fully combined. Lastly, add the marshmallows that were set aside.
Stir lightly and pour into a parchment lined or greased baking dish. Press down gently. Don’t go to town packing it firmly – light and fluffy is what we’re going for! I hardly ever get to this point because they’re eaten right away, but if by chance you do, let them cool completely before cutting to your desired size. Bling them up a bit, add some sprinkles!!!
They’re perfect for any occasion or just because, but once you try this recipe, you’ll never go back! It’s just way too delicious! Let me know how yours turn out!
Here are some more fabulous recipes you’ll love – even add them to your Rice Crispy Treats!
What I Used To Make These Fabulous Treats!
5 Star Rice Crispy Treats
Ooey Gooey melt in your mouth crispy treats for any occasion.
- 10 Oz. Unsalted Butter
- 2 10 Oz. Bags Minature Marshmallows
- 6 Cuos Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
1. In a large pot melt the butter completely over medium high heat.
2. Add and stir in the marshmallows, reserving out 2 cups to add at the end. Melt the remaining marshmallows completely into the butter.
3. Turn off heat and add the rice cereal, vanilla extract and salt. Stir well to combine.
4. Add the reserved marshmallows and gently fold them into the mix quickly to keep them whole.
5. Immediately pour into a greased or parchment lined 9”x13” baking dish.
6. Cool, cut and enjoy!
- If you’d like to add peanut butter, about a 1/4 cup, melt it along with the butter.
- Melt chocolate, 1/2 cup, along with the butter as well to make chocolate rice crispy treats.
- Or just sprinkle chocolate chips on the top or fold them in at the end for a texture contrast as well as a number of other ingredients like sprinkles, cookies, caramel bits, chocolate chips, coconut, etc.
“Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.” -Ernestine Ulmer
2,331 total views, 1 views today