I’m in love with a good biscuit! Pumpkin biscuits (it’s that season you know…) are next level deliciousness! They are the definition of Fall. Delicate pumpkin flavor, not too sweet and so contently fluffy. You’ll want to sit and relax with one of these, or two (I’m warning you now, you can’t eat just one). Slather them with some Maple Cinnamon Butter or get crazy and enjoy them with my Chocolate Compound Butter. It elevates their already yummy yumminess!
Enjoy at breakfast time, brunch, snack time, lunch time, dinner, dessert or as a delightful midnight snack. Enjoy by yourself, with a friend or for many at a party. They’re just so multi purpose. You can’t go wrong.
With the holidays around the corner, these pumpkin biscuits are so easy to whip up. You might want to try making them first before serving family and friends though, just to see how great they are! Add maple cinnamon butter or chocolate compound butter and try one. You’ll see you will need to probably make a double batch! They always get gobbled up in just minutes. I have to admit, I can eat all of them! They’re that good!
Get out a bowl, add all the dry ingredients first and then cut in the butter. Pour in the wet ingredients next and mix until incorporated. Don’t over mix, this will cause chewy, dense biscuits. Pour out onto floured surface and pat down to about an inch thick. I like to use a round cutter to achieve uniform biscuits, but you can cut into uniform squares or use a drinking glass dipped in flour if you don’t have a round cutter. Place on parchment paper and bake. I like to brush with melted butter and add sugar to the tops before baking to give them a nice crunchy exterior and make them pretty as well!
Enjoy them warm with lots of butter. There is just no other way! Try my maple cinnamon butter or chocolate butter. Every bite just leads to next insatiable bite! Give them a try and let me know your thoughts!
These are so fluffy, slightly sweet, and has a delicate pumpkin flavor. Perfect for the Fall season and holiday gatherings.
- 12 oz. All Purpose Flour
- 2 oz. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 oz. Butter
- 5 oz. Milk
- 2 oz. Sour Cream
- 5 oz. Pumpkin Purée
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
2. Add the butter. With a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is pea sized.
3. Add the milk, sour cream and pumpkin purée. Mix all together until just incorporated.
4. Pour out dough onto a floured surface and pat down to about an inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch round cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a sheet that’s greased or lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar if you’d like some extra sweetness and crunch.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
There’s no one ‘butter’ than you!
1,627 total views, 1 views today