Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread
Oh my goodness, Fall is finally here! You know what that means! PUMPKIN! Pumpkin everything. I know it might be a hair bit overrated, but it really starts the season off right for me.
Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin
I know I say it every year, but it’s a long wait to enjoy pumpkin. It comes and goes so fast, so I must savor the moments I have with it! I’m continuously baking and eating…and baking and eating! I love it! From sweet to savory…drinks to soup to desserts, pumpkin is my Fall love. Especially my favorite recipe, Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread. Not only is it extra delicious, but also has a gorgeous presentation. Great for company or given as a gift.
It’s perfectly pumpkin with a slight hint of chocolate from the dark swirl. The chocolate swirl is loaded with chocolate chips, as well, to further enhance the chocolateyness! It’s the best of both worlds! Decadent chocolate and perfect pumpkin flavor! Drizzle with chocolate ganache or icing and I can’t stop myself from eating the whole loaf! You just have to try this recipe! If you’re not into the chocolate, this recipe is great plain too. Sometimes I just want all pumpkin flavor!
This pumpkin bread is nothing but fabulous!!! It’s perfectly dense, impeccably moist, and with the most excellent ratio of pumpkin to chocolate. Best of all, you don’t need a mixer. It’s a quick bread after all! A couple bowls and a spoon will work great. I’m all about simple and not cleaning a lot of dishes!
How to Prepare
First, mix the oil, sugar, molasses and eggs together. Add the vanilla, salt and pumpkin purée. Incorporate well. Next, add the dry ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Stir into the wet ingredients. Lastly stream in the milk and mix well.
Get out another bowl and pour in about a 1/4 of the pumpkin bread batter. Add the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Mix well.
Grease a bread pan and fill. Start with 1/2 of the pumpkin batter. Then add the chocolate batter leaving a bit for the top. Take a knife and gently swirl together. Top it off with the rest of the pumpkin batter and then the last few spoonfuls of the chocolate batter. Lightly sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Everything is Better with Icing
Flip out onto a plate and turn upright. Drizzle with chocolate icing. I simply combined powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk. I always say, everything is better with icing! Serve immediately to enjoy the ooey gooey chocolate swirl or cool and wrap up tightly and store at room temp for up to three days. Mine has never lasted that long though! It’s seriously yummy.
You simply must try this recipe. I’m sure it will land in your recipe book! After you make it let me know how you like it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread
A chocolatey pumpkin bread perfect for any Fall craving.
- 1/3 Cup Canola oil
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 2 Each Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 2/3 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin purée together.
2. Add dry ingredients. Baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and flour. Fully incorporate into wet ingredients.
3. Add milk and mix together.
4. Divide, pour about 1/4 of the batter into a smaller bowl. To that, add cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
5. Grease a large bread pan and pour 1/2 of the pumpkin batter into the bottom. Add chocolate batter leaving a couple spoonfuls in the bowl. With a knife, gently swirl batters together. Add the rest of the pumpkin batter, then top with the last of the chocolate batter. Swirl with knife.
6. Bake st 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Flip out of pan and serve immediately! Enjoy!
A sweet chocolate icing that complements a variety of desserts.
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Milk Add or subtract depending on how thick you’d like it
1. In a bowl add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Mix together.
2. Add milk and vanilla. Stir well until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Drizzle onto your favorite desserts.
Happy Pumpkin Spice Season!
1,695 total views, 1 views today