Golden brown, perfectly seasoned, extra crunchy exterior, ooey gooey cheesy goodness is what describes this tasty fried mozzarella to a T. Seriously, what food could be better?
They’re homemade and made with ingredients you know and trust. No funny business! Just a block of mozzarella cheese sliced into thin triangles, breaded and fried. Great for parties or small gatherings, and they’re easy to prepare. Made only with a few simple ingredients. Delicious every time, and perfect for a bite size snack or appetizer.
Pair with Delicious Dipping Sauces
Pair them with dipping sauces such as Alfredo, marinara, or basil pesto. They’ll only enhance their amazingness and be gobbled up with in seconds! Make one sauce or serve all three along side. You can’t go wrong!
Easy to Make
Fried mozzarella cheese sticks are some of my favorite food. I always love getting them at my favorite Italian restaurant. Although I try to eat healthy, I do occasionally cave. Not only do I love them, I’m pretty sure my family loves them even more. I’ve tried to replicate my favorite aspects of the perfect fried mozzarella which include a light, airy, golden brown crunchy crust, perfectly seasoned, with the creamy mozzarella in the middle. I think I’ve achieved that with this recipe. On the plus side, they’re super simple and EASY to make. You’ll be surprised. Go ahead and try this recipe out!
At your local grocery store grab a block of mozzarella cheese. With a cheese cutter or knife, cut the block into equal 1/4 inch rectangles. Place each piece flat and cut into smaller squares or triangles. On occasion, I like to go all out and get fancy using a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Hearts for Valentine’s Day are fun and are my favorite, egg shape for Easter, Christmas themed, or any shape you’d like. Just remember to keep them bite sized and save the scraps. Use in your favorite recipes to use them up!
Let’s Get Cooking
Let’s start cooking! Get your breading station ready. Get three bowls out. In the first one add flour. Make sure to season it with salt and pepper. In the second bowl add eggs. Scramble with a bit of milk or water. In the third bowl add bread crumbs. Use Italian or Panko. I personally love Panko. It gives them a bit more crunch. Season it with garlic powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Next, grab your cheese pieces and start breading. Toss in the flour, then place into the egg making sure it’s completely covered. Lastly, coat in the bread crumbs. Repeat with each piece of cheese. If you’d like them extra crunchy, repeat all the steps to add another layer of breading. Very important step: place on a baking sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes. This will prevent all the cheese from oozing out of the breading leaving just a shell. That’s never tasty or fun! I’m here for the cheese!
Next, bring oil up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fry each until golden brown for about 30 seconds to one minute depending on how large you make them. Place on a paper towel to drain and dish up. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
Great For Any Occasion
For parties, bread ahead of time and place in the refrigerator. Make sure to have all your dipping sauces ready too. Find the Alfredo sauce recipe here and the pesto recipe here. Purchase your favorite marinara sauce or make if you’re feeling ambitious!
These little triangles are bite size goodness that will be a hit at any gathering for any occasion!
Try this recipe out and let me know how it goes! You’ll love them!
Fried Mozzarella Cheese
This fried mozzarella is amazing with its golden brown crunchy crust with an ooey gooey center! Perfect for any and all occasions.
- 1 Block Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Each Eggs
- 1 Cuo Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Oil for frying
- Parmesan Cheese For Garnish
- Basil Leaves For Garnish
1. Slice block of mozzarella cheese into 1/4 inch thick rectangles.
2. Then slice each rectangle into squares and then again into rectangles.
3. Get three bowls out. In the first add flour. In the second add the eggs and scramble. In the third add the panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
4. Bread each piece of cheese. Place in the flour. Shake it off. Place in egg making sure it’s completely covered. Lastly, Coat completely with the bread crumbs.
5. Place onto a sheet pan. Once all are breaded, put into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
6. Fill a medium sized sauce pan with about an inch of oil and bring to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pull the breaded cheese out of the freezer and fry in batches. Don’t over crowd your pan. Fry for about 30 seconds to one minute each, until they’re golden brown.
7. Drain on a paper towel and serve immediately. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Oh cheese, you make me melt!
1,987 total views, 1 views today