Sweet, salty, extra cheesy mini Chimichangas that are great for any gathering.
1. Place pork tenderloin into Dutch oven or place into crockpot. Cover with salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
2. Add water so it covers a little more than half of the pork tenderloin. Add 1 cup of the brown sugar to water.
3. Place into 350 degree oven for about 2-3 hours or until fork tender. Keep an eye on the water. Make sure it doesn’t turn into syrup. Add water as needed during cooking process.
4. Take pork out of cooking liquid and pull apart. Place into clean bowl. Set aside.
5. Add red enchilada sauce and the other cup of brown sugar to a medium sauce pot. Bring to a simmer until sugar is melted completely.
6. Take off heat and add to the pork. Toss around so Pork is evenly coated.
1. Take a flour tortilla and fill with about a tablespoon of refried beans, a couple tablespoons of cheese and and 2-3 tablespoons of the sweet pork. Roll tightly, tucking in the sides. Place a toothpick through the middle to hold everything in place.
2. Heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and gently place Chimichanga into oil. Fry until tortilla is golden brown.
3. Take out of oil and allow to drain and cool a bit. Immediately serve with your favorite condiments.