Boldly red, moist and fluffy...this red velvet cake is one you need in your cake recipe book! Perfect for any occasion!
1. In mixing bowl add vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and red food coloring. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
2. Add vanilla, salt and vinegar and mix until combined.
3. In separate bowl sift together baking soda, cocoa powder and cake flour.
4. Add into wet ingredients and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. The batter will be thick at this point.
5. Scrape bowl well and slowly stream in buttermilk while mixer is on lowest speed. Mix just until incorporated.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and pour batter into three greased 9” cake pans. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Invert, cool, decorate and enjoy!