Sweet, tangy and luscious lemon curd to be used as a filling, spread or topping.
1. In double boiler add egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together.
2. Add lemon juice and heavy cream and mix until fully incorporated.
3. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring continuously, for 15 minutes or until thickened. Make sure it has reached 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Take off heat and add cubed butter and zest. Mix until butter is melted and incorporated.
5. Pour into clean, shallow dish. Refrigerate.
6. Once cool, use as desired. As a filling, spread or topping. Enjoy! :z