Flaky, tender, sweet sugar cookies great for any occasion.
1. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy.
2. Add egg, vanilla and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
3. Scrape bowl and add flour. Mix well. I very into parchment paper and form into a ball. Place into refrigerator for 1/2 - 1 hour.
4. Flour work surface. Place ball of dough in the center and flour the top. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out desired shape of cookie. Push scraps back together and re-roll. Cut out shapes until gone.
5. Place onto greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.
6. Cool, ice and enjoy!