A sweet cinnamon center all wrapped up in a fluffy bread dough topped with a generous amount of icing.
1. In mixing bowl attached with bread hook add milk, yeast, sugar, salt, egg and butter.
2. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
3. Add flour and mix until a ball forms. The dough will pull away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Cover with plastic wrap, place on counter and let double in size. This will take 30 min- 45 min.
5. Punch down the dough and place on a floured surface.
6. Roll out into a rectangle shape and about 1/4 inch thick. Trim edges a bit to clean up the rectangle.
7. Spread entire dough evenly with cinnamon sugar filling (method of preparation follows) leaving a 1/4 inch lip on the long side. Brush with water so it will adhere to the dough when completely rolled up. This will keep the cinnamon roll from falling apart when cutting and baking.
1. Melt butter and add brown sugar, salt, cornstarch and vanilla together. Mix well.
8. Cut into equal portion sizes and place into a greased baking dish.
10. Let them rise for another 30-45 minutes on the counter.
11. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
12. Immediately ice with cream cheese icing or glaze of your choice and enjoy.
1. Combine cream cheese and butter. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Use immediately.