A fluffy, silky smooth, perfectly sweet buttercream to complement any sweet confection.
1. In a double boiler, heat egg whites and granulated sugar until it reaches 173 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Carefully pour into mixing bowl and whisk on high speed until fluffy and cool. (Room Temperature)
3. Slow to medium speed and add the butter slowly.
4. Whip until the buttercream comes together and whip for another 3 minutes.
5. Add shortening, salt, vanilla extract and powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy. Beat for another 3 minutes until shiny and smooth.
6. Immediately use or cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.