Sugar Cookies with a slight chocolatey flavor dyed a bright red!
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and vinegar into a thick paste. Add to the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Add the salt and red food coloring. Mix well.
5. Add the flour and mix until the dough forms and comes together.
6. Flip out onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
7. Roll out onto a floured surface to 1/4 inch. Cut out desired shapes and place onto a cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies turn golden brown.
9. Cool, decorate and enjoy!