The perfect almond paste stuffed sugar cookies.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and incorporate well.
3. Add almond extract.
4. Scrape bowl well and add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix completely.
5. Scoop into 1” balls and place a small divot in the middle. Add a small amount, about 1 tsp of almond paste into it.
6. Pinch closed and roll into a ball with no almond paste showing.
7. Roll into granulated sugar and place into a parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
8. With the back of a glass, flatten just a bit. To about a 1/2 inch.
9. Place into a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 12-14 minutes.
10. Cool and enjoy!