This white cake is fluffy, moist, and delicious with an ever so slight almond flavor.
1. With a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter and half of the sugar. Mix for about 5 minutes.
2. In separate bowl, measure and sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. Measure buttermilk, vanilla and almond extract.
4. Add one third of the dry ingredients to the butter. Mix until incorporated. Add half of the milk mixture and mix. Alternate the rest of the dry and milk until batter is fully mixed and all ingredients are incorporated fully.
5. Set aside, measure out egg whites and place in bowl attached with the whip attachment. Whip on medium while streaming in the other half of the sugar. Whip until medium peaks form. When you take the whip out, peaks will form but will fall slightly.
6. By hand, add in by thirds the egg whites to the cake base. Fold into the mixture very gently until all egg is incorporated.
7. Pour into 8” cake pan lined with parchment paper on the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool, ice and enjoy!